This is how to set-up a trigger based marketing campaign within the BLACKBX marketing suite.
1. Navigate to the ‘marketing > create campaign’ tab on the navigation bar.
2. Press the blue ‘create campaign’ button on the top right.
You’ll now be presented with the setup wizard which walks you through creating the campaign.
3. Give your campaign a suitable name and choose the location where you would like it to run. If there is another site that you want to run the campaign on you can do this by adding the site in the locations field. You may also want to set a send limit (this limits the number of times the campaign will send a message).
4. Now create the audience you wish to receive this message. This can be done by using the options on the left-hand side, in this example we will use 'connections = 3', meaning a customer will receive the message on their third visit. If you already have an audience you can press the ‘Use existing audience’ button and select an existing audience.
4a. You can create multi-step triggers using all the available options, this is done by clicking the ‘Add Rule’ button. In the below example we’ve set it to ‘Not Seen = 1 month or Visits = 1’ meaning that when someone who has visited 3 times or visited in the last month, a marketing message will be sent!
5. Select whether you would like to send an SMS, email or both.
6. Now it’s time to create your campaign messages.
Choose an SMS sender (who will appear as the sender of the SMS message) and the body of your message here:
You can customise the email as much as you would like to. This can be images and some text, bring out your imaginative mind.
Some tips for emails:
In marketing, a call to action (CTA) is an instruction designed to provoke an immediate response, usually using an imperative verb such as "call now", "find out more" or "visit a store today"; the point of the CTA is to get the recipient to do something i.e. if you are promoting 20% off coupons, it could be “Get your voucher code here”.
How to set up your button:
Click on the button icon and you’ll be shown the following:
You can choose the colour of the button and the URL it will redirect to.